Sunday, December 13, 2009

Too busy to blog and too stuborn to quit....

I can't believe my last entry was back in the Spring and a lot has gone on between then and now. It has been easier to stay in touch through Facebook but I like the fact that I can blog about our lives in a more extensive block than just a few lines.

First of all I want to say that I am very thankful and blessed for the way God has watched and provided for us and our business through this hard economic times. Roger is doing a great job running our business and we have a great team of employees and for that I am greatful.

The girls had a busy summer with friends and family and are now attending Nampa Classical Academy and liking it very much. They love the fact that a few of their friends and cousins attend the same school, the teachers are great; loving and caring and had given more than expected to make this school a great place for our children. God is good, yes He is!!!!
Heather is taking piano lessons with Mrs. French and really enjoying it. We are planning to enroll Kristen in Violin lessons pretty soon.

On the other hand, I have been busy coming and going (for short) homemaking, translating (a none end in sight) helping in the girls classrooms, doing Missions stuff at church (which I love) but what has taken a lot of my time is helping Roger at the store. Something I really did not plan for but after we hired someone to help us through this busy season she decided to quit. Being a busy season it leaves not time to train a new person so I have been filling in as much as I can, and I only have about a week left so I can continue on to my normal (what is normal?) duties.
Owning a business has its pros and cons, but most of all It has made us grow in different areas of our lives, not been easy but looking back I thank God for his ongoing lessons for our lives.

The Christmas season is one of my favorites and I am looking forward to the girls Christmas break. Baking, crafting, visiting, are some of my favorites and that's what we plan to do.
I will be posting some pictures soon...

3 comments:

Kym said...

So nice to see you are as stubborn as I am :) Prayerfully, this busyness will slow some... Have a blessed week Dom!

Anonymous said...

I can relate. I like FB, but I like the blogs too. I guess that is why I returned to blog about Annalena sleeping. Maybe it is a way to share thoughts and allow others to share in those thoughts. I love your journaling and I love the pics! I just adore my nieces and you do SUCH a fabulous job as mommy! I hope I remember all I am learning from you. :) Love - Ames

Anonymous said...

What Store do you own and where is it??
Amy Lane-Negomir