Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!


This morning while I was having breakfast with the girls I began to talk to them about how important this day was and how we needed to pray throughout the day that God's will be done during this important decision for our country. (Yes, I say our country because 7 years ago I became a US Citizen and I feel privileged that I can be involve in this process and also to look out for the future of my children) So anyway, I asked each one of the girls to give me their opinion about who I should vote for, and out of the mouth of babes this is what I heard:
Heather: Mom, definitely vote for McCain, please do not vote for Obama, he is going to change everything mom. He's gonna change our flag, our food, and who knows maybe is gonna makes change our language also, mom McCain has been a soldier and he has fought for America before (I was just laughing inside!)
Kristen: Mom vote for McKenzie because she is my good friend (she's our neighbor, and I was laughing inside also, McKenzie and MacCain almost the same right?)
I thought it was totally cute that they each have their own opinions although I went on to explain my point of views and my reasoning for voting for McCain/Palin. I also took this opportunity to give them the assurance that God is a big God that cares for His children and as long as we are His, He will protect and fight for us.
Usually we would have an election party but since it is a school night we decided to stay home and have our own little party. I went ahead and printed coloring pages of McCain and Palin, the USA map, the republican mascot, and others and made a coloring book for the girls. Picked up some balloons and stuff to decorate with the idea that today is a special day and I want the girls to learn the responsibilities and privileges of being a US citizen.
May God bless America and let's pray for those that are fighting for our freedom.


2 comments:

Krista said...

What a great conversation to have with your girls! And an election party. . . How fun!

Anonymous said...

I loved the opinions. Both of them made me smile and Kristen's made me laugh out loud.