Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Decade Day At School

Today is Decade Day at school and Heather decided that she would ask Grandma Gladys if she could borrow her aunts dresses. You see, Grandma has saved a few of my sisters-in-law dresses that they wore a "couple decades ago". Heather specially has enjoyed playing dress up with these dresses. So last night they went over and picked the dress they wanted to wear today to school. Kristen wasn't really sure of her sister's idea but surprisingly she went ahead with the idea. This morning Heather got all ready and must have overwhelmed Kristen in such a way that she said she was quitting school. After a few talks and brives she was back with the plan and here they are.


I have to ask Grandma the sizes of these dresses or who wore what because the dress Heather wore is shorter but it fits fine on the top but Kristen's is longer and also fitted just fine. I thought Heather would wear the long one since she is taller and when she tried it on it wouldn't close on the back.


(sorry these pictures aren't the greatest but I took them this morning using my almost dead cellphone)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Cute dresses. I still like those old styles. Damaris, please email me... arobledo6@aol.com

Angela

Anita Marie said...

I use to wear a dress almost exactly like that when I was a little girl. Cute girls you have and I love the Autumn look to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I, Amy, wore the shorter dress because it was supposed to be like the bridesmaids. I was a junior bridesmaid. Beth wore the longer dress since she was a flower girl. I am sure I was jealous of her having the longer dress, but thankful I at least got a pretty dress too.