Thursday, June 26, 2008

Genesis Girls Camp

I cannot believe Genesis camp is over, Heather truly enjoyed herself. We feel so blessed to have a place the girls can go strengthen relationships, make new friends, do out of the norm activities and overall learn about God's grace and love for us. I am personally very impressed by all the staff of Trinity Pines, they really put their heart into this. I have to mentioned also the CITs, we had Marissa as our CIT helping Johanna our team leader. Marissa was one outstanding girl for the job, quick to help without hesitation, the girls really loved her. Johanna was our team leader and also did a wonderful job in leading the group. I am so proud to say that our cabin "The Sapphires" got first place. The girls really worked hard, were quick to say their thank yous when needed and very helpful. We just had an awesome team, all the girls in our team got along very well. I took so many pictures and I will try my best not to overload cyberspace with them:) here are some of our highlights.
Zip line, Heather's favorite

The Sapphires after building their castle with boxes, that soon will be destroyed by water balloons.

Heather and Danielle trying out their archery skills.

Working on our team flag.


Wall climbers!!!












Our fancy treasure hunt!! The girls had to follow the gps device. They worked so hard at it ~ and after climbing steep hills and running everywhere they found all three. Good job girls!!

Pastor Kym's great idea to have a campfire in our cabin. Some girls went outside to gather rocks and sticks and quickly built the campfire while others cut flames out of foam material. They were so cute, Pastor Kym shared a short devotional then we sang and off to bed we went (of course after putting our fire out ~or should I say -after cleaning up) I personally think that they enjoyed themselves more doing this than they would have if they would had gone outside to the other campfire.
Our princesses at the Royal Ball. They had a special dinner where they all dressed up in their princess dresses. In this picture Destiny, Hannah, Tarah and Heather.

Memories that will be treasured forever!!!

10 comments:

cheriepasbjerg said...

Looks like too much fun! Your girls are so pretty.

Kym said...

What a great blog about a wonderful camp! The pics are fun! We are glad to have shared the time with you and all the other "Sapphires"! Hannah has memories a plenty!

Anonymous said...

I love to see my Heather making great memories like these. I treasure all my camp memories. Thanks so much for sharing with me.

julie f said...

Oh, it looks like so much fun...makes me wish we would have "bit the bullet" to let Lauren go...it's just so hard with little ones when you have to go along.

So glad you got to go and enjoy time with your Heather.

Thanks for sharing!
Julie

Angela said...

Wow, I haven't heard from you in ages. Your daughters are beautiful. Remember Tortugita?

Angela said...

That is so funny about the cake. Glad you could still serve it. Yes, you are right about totuguita... She has been wondering about you and asking how you are?

Kristen said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time at camp! Lots of great pictures :o)

Anita Marie said...

I love seeing pictures of your girls and your blog is so pretty.

Fridley Family said...

What an absolutly wonderful experience. Being in a foriegn country is nice for our girls, but I long for the time we have access to great times like these. Your family looks wonderful!

Leah said...

This makes me wish Kylahn and I hadn't missed it. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.